Learn the Benefits and use of yoga
Yoga has been an ancient practice developed by an Indian saint. Yoga is practiced to control bodily functions. The “word” yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word which means to add or to unite. Yoga is used to balance the body, soul, and consciousness, due to which yoga helps us in facing daily life requirements and struggles.
What is the history of yoga?
Around thousands of years ago, the Indian saints have discovered the physical and spiritual rules and realms. It originated yoga in which valuable instructions are given based on the body, breathing, concentration, relaxation, and meditation.
The main goals of yoga are:
- Physical health
- Mental health
- Social health
- Spiritual health
The procedure to reach the goals:
- Love for every living being
- Respect for life, nature, and environmental conservation
- Vegetarian food
- Positive thoughts and a positive lifestyle
- Physical, mental, and spiritual practice
- Tolerance for all cultures and religions
There are mainly four types of yoga:-
- Raja yoga: Raja means royal and meditation is the main branch of this yoga. This yoga has 8 limbs, due to which Patanjali had named it ashtanga yoga. Patanjali has mentioned this in the yoga sutra. These eight parts are as follows: yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, samadhi etc. Raja yoga attracts individuals who are introspective and ready to meditate. Asana is the most famous part of Raja yoga, which for most people means Asana. But asana is only one part of a type of yoga. Yoga is much more than asana practice.
- Karma yoga: the next branch is karma yoga or the path of service and none of us can escape from this path. The principle of karma yoga is that today is created by our actions in the past. By being aware of this we can make our present better for the future, which helps us to be free from negativity and selfishness. Whenever we do our work and live life selflessly, serving others, we do our karma yoga.
- Bhakti yoga: in bhakti-yoga, we begin to describe the path of devotion. Bhakti yoga is a positive way of controlling emotions by seeing the divine in the creation of all. The path of Bhakti yoga provides us to develop acceptance and tolerance.
- Gyan yoga: if we consider Bhakti to be the yoga of the mind, then Gyan is the yoga for intelligence, the path of a sage or scholar. To walk on this path requires the development of the intellect through the study of yoga texts. Gyan yoga is considered the most difficult and also the most direct. It requires serious study and attracts spiritually interested people.
Apart from this, the ancient sages also discovered that there are three of thousands of Nadis, which are the source of most powerful energy and when sufficiently purified lead to physical, mental, and spiritual development. Their names are Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna. Yogis discovered a long time ago that breathing through the left nostrils stimulates Ida nada, and breathing through the right nostrils stimulates the Pingala nada. By balancing the working of both the Nadis, we can stimulate the Sushumna, the power Nadi.
Benefits of yoga:
Everyone wants to live a happy life, but in this modern world, more physical and emotional demands are rising. As a result, more and more people are suffering from physical and mental problems, including stress, anxiety, and insomnia due to which methods and techniques are being discovered to improve health.
Yoga improves the flexibility of the spinal cord and improves the physical condition and the awareness of the importance of meditation increases. It is important to pay attention to practicing yoga slowly, coordinating the movement with the breath, stopping the movement in every situation, and always doing yoga with full concentration.
Let us tell that, when our bodies are physically fit, then the mind stays clear and focused and stress under control. When you are physically fit, then you can connect with your inner mind and everyone that comes in contact with you. While doing yoga, you focus on breathing that keeps you stress-free. Regular yoga also helps sleep better which is important to maintain energy in the body the whole day. Yoga is also an amazing practice to get rid of many symptoms that may cause harmful diseases. https://ergo-plus.com/
External Source: View pdf on ergo-plus.com about the Benefits of Yoga