Know about the male hormone testosterone. Which problem can be caused by its deficiency Testosterone
What is Testosterone
Testosterone is the male sex hormone produced in our testicles. Testosterone in adolescence is very essential for our body’s development as a man.
What is the effect of this hormone on the male body?
Due to this hormone (testosterone).
- Our face gets a beard
- The voice becomes deep and thick
- Muscles develop and help in making sperm.
What happens when a man’s testosterone is low?
Testosterone also controls our nature. The testosterone hormone tends to decrease with age. Due to low testosterone levels, we start having many problems.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone Levels Low Testosterone Levels
1) Decrease in sex drive
2) feeling tired
3) Disinterest in any work
4) weight gain
5) Less body hair
6) Thinning of bones
7) Lack of muscle development
8) low sperm count
9) Having impotence or erectile dysfunction
10) Chest like women
11) Lack of strength
What Causes Low Testosterone
Testosterone levels tend to decrease with age. Naturally, after the age of 30, our testosterone level decreases by 1% every year. Apart from this, there are some reasons which reduce its level.
These are some reasons by which its level reduce
1) Injury to the testes (egg) or due to infection
2) Due to chemotherapy
3) Having too much iron in the body (Hemochromatosis)
4) Due to tumour in the pituitary gland
5) Caused by certain drugs such as opioids and steroids
6) Excess alcohol consumption
7) Due to improper functioning of kidney and liver
8) With age
9) Due to HIV or any chronic disease
How Is Low Testosterone Diagnosed
To check the level of testosterone, you will need to get tested for testosterone. Along with the testosterone total, you should also have a test.
This test is done in the morning
The doctor will get complete information from these tests. This test is done with blood. Testosterone should always be done in the morning because the level of testosterone in our body is highest in the morning.
How To Increase Testosterone Level
To increase the testosterone level, doctors do Testosterone Replacement Therapy depending on the condition of the patient. However, it also has side effects. There is no clear study yet as to how testosterone medicine affects our body.
There are some natural ways by which you can increase your testosterone levels
1) Exercise regularly
2) Get enough sleep
3) Eat a balanced diet and do not consume junk food
4) Don’t stress too much
5) Take plenty of Vitamin D
6) Decrease the number of sweets
7) Take food rich in zinc and magnesium.
8) Consume Ashwagandha and Banana
9) Ginger, red chillies and garlic also increase the level of testosterone.
Follow us on Google News, Twitter and Facebook for the latest tv health news health.
Read all the TV Health, and Get news straight to your email through our Newsletter