Manage your Diabetes with the best Insulin Pump In India in 2022
Getting the best insulin pump in India is a big necessity for people who have diabetes. Those with diabetes don’t produce enough insulin naturally. The only way they can manage their blood sugar is with insulin injections. By using a pump, you can avoid needle sticks and have a steady flow of insulin.
What you will get in this article:
- What is an Insulin Pump?
- What features should you look for in an Insulin pump?
- Working of an Insulin pump
- List of best insulin pump in India with price
- Advantages of using a pump
- Why choose INSUL by AgVa– the best insulin pump in India
What is an Insulin Pump?
Insulin pumps are devices that deliver insulin directly into the body through a small tube placed under your skin. They can be used to treat diabetes and other conditions where people have trouble producing enough insulin naturally. Insulin pumps are used to administer insulin in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus. These devices have been around since the 1950s but they were not popular until recently. Nowadays, these devices are being used by millions of people worldwide. They can help diabetics manage their blood sugar levels and prevent them from developing complications like kidney failure, blindness, amputation, etc.
What features should you look for in an Insulin pump?
- Battery life – how long can it run without needing charging? This can range from several years to around 2-3 years depending on the manufacturer.
- Accuracy – does it work well?
- Size – how big is it? Most pumps come in small sizes that are not too heavy. If your pump is too big then you have to carry it everywhere you go and it becomes inconvenient.
- Indications – Do the indications match what you need? Some people use them for diabetes while others use them for insulin pumps.
- Cost – what’s the price tag? What price do they start at?
- Ease of use – how easy is it to set up?
- Features – what are the extra features that make it better than other pumps? Does the pump offer features like bolus calculators, alarms etc.?
- Warranty and customer service – How long does the warranty last? Can someone help you if something happens to your pump?
How does an Insulin pump work?
Insulin pumps are small devices that can deliver either human insulin or glucagon into your body through tiny tubes (called catheters) inserted under the skin. They are used to treat diabetes. Your basal rate is the amount of insulin you need to keep your blood sugar balanced at rest. Your bolus dose is the extra insulin needed to correct high or low blood glucose levels. A closed loop system measures and keeps track of your blood sugar levels. This allows the insulin pump to change the amount of insulin delivered based on the readings from the sensor.
The insulin pump works like this:
– You insert a thin tube called a cannula into your abdomen, upper arm or thigh.
– The cannula delivers insulin directly to the subcutaneous fat layer where the insulin is absorbed directly into your bloodstream.
Advantages of using a pump
Insulin pumps can provide patients with real-time glucose monitoring and medication delivery. These devices allow diabetic patients to check glucose levels without having to prick their finger. They can also help them manage their diabetes by providing precise dosing of insulin.
Patients who use insulin pumps can monitor their sugar level throughout the day and adjust their dosage accordingly. This enables them to avoid hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). Most patients will experience reduced symptoms while using insulin pumps.
Patients who use insulin pump therapy will not have to worry about forgetting to take their medicine, as they can program their device to automatically administer the correct dose at any time. Their lives may become easier since they no longer need to remember to inject themselves with insulin.
If a patient does forget to give himself his insulin, he can still use the sensor that would detect high or low sugars in his blood. He can then inject himself immediately with additional insulin to bring down his sugar level.
By connecting a glucose meter to an insulin pump, a person will also know if his/her blood sugar has dropped below normal levels. In the event of low blood sugar, the device will instantly increase the amount of insulin being delivered to raise glucose levels back to normal.
Another advantage of insulin pump therapy is that it provides the continuous treatment. Unlike other methods, such as injections or syringes, insulin pumps deliver insulin continuously in order to maintain blood sugar levels.
List of best insulin pumps in India with price
Here are some of the best insulin pump brands in India:
- INSUL by AgVa – 24,999 Indian Rupees
- Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm Veo – 3,29,000
- Omnipod Dash – 25,963.46 Indian Rupee
- t:slim X2 – 63,075.22 Indian Rupee
Why choose INSUL by AgVa? – The best insulin pump in India
The main reason we chose AgVa Healthcare for medical treatment products is due to its efficiency and effectiveness in providing a clean, pure and healthy product that works fast and provides results. Now they have come up with the most affordable insulin pump for managing diabetes. Apart from being cost-effective, it works wonders for diabetic patients. It is easy to use and easily understandable by patients. It is one of the best insulin pumps in India for people who are dealing with diabetes.