Daily SkinCare Routine At Home: Top 10 Tips For You
Daily Skincare Routine At Home has become very important in today’s world. People spend hours in front of their computer screens, sitting in office chairs all day long. They work hard, play hard, and sleep hard. But, do we give our skin enough attention? We tend to neglect our skin, especially after a long day at work. Our skin becomes dry, flaky, and dull. And, if we don’t take proper care of our skin, then it could lead to premature aging.
Every day we use various cosmetics items for applying our makeup and cleansing our faces of dirt, sweat, oil, dead cells, and bacteria. But do we know about the importance of each cosmetic product? We all love to apply makeup and we want our skin to glow but do we know that we should take extra care of our skin while doing those things?
Yes, it is very important to take good care of our skin especially during the summer season as sun rays are very harmful to our skin. There are many types of beauty treatments available in the market, some of them are expensive and others are less costly. But before going ahead with any treatment, you must ensure that you are taking proper care of your skin. Today we are going to discuss the best skin care tips for glowing skin.
How to prepare a daily skincare routine?
To keep our skin healthy and beautiful we need to follow a regular skin care regimen. A lot of women go for manicures and pedicures regularly. These procedures give us smooth hands and feet and also improve blood circulation. Apart from these, there are various other ways that we can maintain our skin health. Let me tell you a few things that you must consider to provide better results for your skin.
Prepare a daily skincare routine at home:
You should always remember that if you are not getting enough sleep, then you cannot expect the same level of performance from your body. Similarly, if you are not eating properly, then you cannot hope for the same level of success. Hence, it is highly recommended that you get an adequate amount of rest and eat nutritious food. Not only this, but you should drink plenty of water too. When you drink a sufficient amount of water, it helps in keeping your skin hydrated and prevents dryness.
If you are using any kind of soap or shampoo, you should avoid washing your hair twice per week. Washing your hair with any kind of soap will cause a dry scalp and may lead to dandruff problems. Moreover, washing your hair thrice a week will remove essential oils from your hair follicles and thus causes damage to your hair roots.
Daily skincare routine for glowing complexion:
Now let us talk about the benefits of having a daily skincare regime. Daily skincare routine at home includes the following steps:
Wash your face with lukewarm water. Do not forget to massage your face gently to make sure that no dirt gets trapped under your nails. After rinsing your face wash off the excess water with a soft towel.
- Use moisturizer: Moisturizer keeps your skin moisture levels high and prevents dryness. Use it after you wash your face. Apply it generously over your entire face including your neck and ears.
- Cleanse your face: Cleanse your face with a facial cleanser. Make sure that you cleanse your face thoroughly. Remove all the impurities from your skin. For removing acne scars, try using glycolic acid-rich cream.
- Apply sunscreen: Sunscreen protects your skin against UV radiation. It helps to prevent premature aging and wrinkles. Use sunscreen every day even though you are indoors.
- Exfoliate your face: Exfoliating removes dull surface layers of skin and promotes cell turnover. Try exfoliating once in two weeks. To perform this procedure, rub sugar crystals into your skin.
- Moisturize your face: Using a moisturizer helps to retain moisture inside the skin. It is one of the best ways to protect your skin from the harsh effects of air pollution.
- Protect yourself from windy weather: Windy conditions are the culprit behind dark circles around the eyes, fine lines, and crow’s feet around the mouth. Protect your skin from the damaging effect of wind by wearing sunglasses whenever you step out in the open.
- Get rid of blackheads: Blackheads occur due to clogged pores. They are generally caused by dead skin cells accumulating in the pore area. Get rid of blackheads by massaging your face with warm olive oil and leaving it overnight.
- Treat pimples: Pimple occurs when the sebaceous glands produce large amounts of oil causing the skin to become inflamed and red. Treat pimples by rubbing lemon juice mixed with rosewater on the affected area until the blemish disappears.
- Soak your eye masks every night: Eye mask is used to treat tired eyes and relax your mind. Soak your eye mask every day and wear it at bedtime. This helps to eliminate puffiness around your eyes and reduces stress and fatigue.
- Avoid touching your face: Face touch leads to breakouts. Wash your face before sleeping. Avoid touching your face with dirty hands.
- Stay away from hot drinks: Hot beverages such as tea, coffee, and milk make your skin drier. Therefore, stay away from these drinks. Drink plenty of water instead.
- Sleep well: Having sound sleep makes your skin fresh and radiant. Sleep well for at least eight hours a day.
- Drink more water: Drinking lots of water improves your overall health. Keep a glass of water close to you throughout the day so that you never run out of water.
- Do not skip breakfast: Breakfast gives your body energy. Skipping breakfast can be detrimental to your metabolism. Include fruits in your diet. Fruits contain antioxidants that fight free radicals and protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun. Eat nuts, seeds, and oatmeal for a healthier heart.
What is the daily skincare routine at home remedies?
There are various home remedies available for treating acne. Some of them are listed below:
- Lemon juice – Mix lemon juice with water and apply it directly onto the affected area. Leave it overnight. Rinse it off in the morning. Repeat twice a week.
- Baking soda – Mix baking soda with water and apply it to the affected areas. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off thoroughly. Do this twice a week.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Apple cider vinegar is a great natural remedy for acne. You can use apple cider vinegar topically or mix it with water and apply it directly to the skin. If you have oily skin, you may want to add some aloe vera gel to help calm down oil production.
- Almond Oil- Almond oil is great for dry skin. Use almond oil as a moisturizer after washing your face. Mix 1 tablespoon of almond oil with 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil and rub it onto your face.
- Avocado – Avocados are rich in vitamin E, B-complex vitamins, and antioxidants. These nutrients make avocados a great treatment for dry skin. Mash an avocado and spread it over your face. Leave it on overnight before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Bananas – Bananas are packed full of fiber, potassium, and vitamin B6. Bananas are also high in manganese, copper, iron, zinc, selenium, and magnesium. These nutrients give bananas a great exfoliating effect. Rub mashed banana on your face to remove dead cells.
- Honey – Honey is a great natural remedy to treat pimples. Apply honey to your blemishes and leave it on overnight. Rinse off in the morning.
- Milk – Milk contains lactic acid, which makes milk effective at getting rid of acne. Add two teaspoons of milk to a bowl of hot water. Soak a washcloth in the mixture and place it over your face. Allow the cloth to stay on for 15 minutes. Remove the cloth and rinse thoroughly.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, capric acid, caprylic acid, and caproic acid, which makes it a powerful antibacterial agent. Massage coconut oil into the skin once a day for the best results.
- Egg Whites- Egg whites are high in protein, making them ideal for nourishing the skin. Whip two eggs separately and combine the yolks and whites. Add enough water to create a thick cream consistency. Smooth onto the face and allow to set for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
Is there any daily skincare routine for oily skin?
Oily skin requires extra attention during the winter months. Rinse thoroughly, patting your skin gently until no traces remain. Follow with a toner formulated specifically for oily skin. Apply a thin layer to cleanse and tone your skin. Finish with a light moisturizer and SPF.
Importance of daily skincare routine in today’s life
It is very difficult to maintain healthy skin if one does not take proper care of his/her skin. People spend hours each day working out their skin but neglect their skincare routine. Proper skin care gives them a beautiful glow. When we talk about a skincare routine, we must understand that the right kind of skincare routine can give us a younger appearance.