Wondering how to prevent sagging breasts: Read more to know
Sagging breast occurs when breast tissue loses elasticity and becomes loose. Sagging breasts occur due to age, pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause, weight loss, hormone imbalance, thyroid problems, and certain medications.
Genetics play a huge role in breast size, shape, and firmness. Women who have larger-breasted mothers tend to have larger-breasted daughters. Breastfeeding can cause breasts to sag due to the loss of elasticity.
Hormones play a big role in breast size, especially after menopause. Pregnancy causes breasts to enlarge, and if you are pregnant while nursing, your breasts may stretch out even further. Weight gain can lead to sagging breasts, and some women find their breasts get bigger and less firm after they reach menopause.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), nearly 1 million breast augmentation surgeries were performed in 2015 alone, and the number continues to rise each year. While many women opt for breast implants to improve their appearance, they may not realize that the procedure could actually cause them to experience long-term problems.
Many women who undergo breast implant surgery have reported experiencing painful swelling, fluid buildup around the implant, and even infection after the procedure. In fact, according to the ASPS, the risk of complications increases if the patient experiences implant rupture, which occurs in approximately 10 percent of cases.
What causes Sagging breasts?
There are many causes of sagging breasts. When a woman becomes pregnant, her body produces higher amounts of estrogen than usual. Estrogen is responsible for maintaining a young appearance and helping the breasts stay firm. However, high levels of estrogen cause the breasts to sag. If a woman has had children, she is likely to have sagging breasts. Another factor that contributes to sagging breasts is age.
As women age, their breasts naturally begin to sag due to natural hormone fluctuations. Other factors that contribute to sagging breasts include smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol excessively, having a poor diet, and getting less exercise.
How do I prevent Sagging breasts?
If you want to avoid getting sagging breasts, then you have to make sure that you replenish those lost fluids. Most people don’t realize that their bodies actually produce more sweat while they’re sleeping. When you sleep, your body expends a lot of energy keeping your heart beating and your blood circulating throughout your body. Since your body doesn’t need as much water while you’re asleep, it begins to lose water. By using a humidifier or taking a warm bath before bedtime, you can help replace the water that your body loses while you sleep.
Prevention is always easier than treatment. Regular exercise is extremely effective in preventing sagging breasts. Exercise helps build strong muscles and keeps the breasts firm. Women who exercise regularly are less likely to experience sagging breasts. Women should also avoid putting weight on their breasts. Avoid lifting heavy objects if possible. Women should also avoid wearing tight clothing. Wearing clothes that are too tight makes the breasts sag even further.
What are all treatments one can do for sagging breasts?
Breast lift surgery is a surgical procedure performed to raise and reshape the breast mound. In this operation, excess skin and fatty tissue are removed from the chest wall to create a smoother appearance.
- Liposuction is a plastic surgery technique that removes fat cells from specific areas of the body. Fat cells are then suctioned out using a thin tube inserted through a small incision. Liposuction is often combined with other cosmetic surgeries, such as a tummy tuck or arm lift.
- A tummy tuck is a type of abdominoplasty surgery that tightens the abdominal muscles and removes excess skin. Like liposuction, tumor removal is sometimes included in a tummy tuck.
- An arm lift is a plastic surgery procedure that lifts and tightens the skin around the upper arms. An arm lift may be performed alone or in combination with other cosmetic procedures, such as a breast lift.
- Botulinum toxin (also known as botulism) is a naturally occurring substance produced by certain bacteria. It is commonly used to treat muscle spasms, wrinkles, and facial expressions. Botox injections are administered directly into the affected area to relax the muscles temporarily.
- Laser therapy uses low-level laser beams to stimulate blood flow and promote healing. Laser therapy is often used to reduce scarring after surgery.
- Acupuncture involves inserting fine needles into acupuncture points along the body’s meridians. These points are believed to regulate internal organs and balance the body’s energies.
Treatment Options for Sagging Breasts
There are several ways to help treat breast sagging. You may want to consult with a medical professional about any specific treatment options you have. Your doctor will likely recommend exercises to strengthen your core muscles. These exercises should focus on strengthening your abdominal muscles. Strengthening these muscles helps prevent breast sagging as they work to keep your chest firm.
Another way to help fight breast sagging is to wear a bra that fits properly. A good-fit bra will give you a lift and make sure your breasts don’t sag. If you need to purchase a new bra, try to find one that’s supportive and gives you a nice shape. Be sure to avoid bras that are too tight or constrictive. Also, avoid wearing bras that cause discomfort.
Try these Exercises to tighten Sagging breasts:
Breast exercises are a great way to get rid of saggy breasts. Start out with simple movements and gradually work your way up to more advanced ones.
- Chest stretches are a good way to stretch out your chest muscles and help them stay tight. All you need is to sit down and you can place your hands behind your head. Now push your chest forward and hold it there for about 30 seconds. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Neck stretches are a great way to loosen up your neck muscles. Sit down and put your chin on top of your chest. Pull back your head and look at the ceiling. Hold this position for about 30 seconds. Do this exercise 5 times.
- Shoulder stretches are a great way of loosening up your shoulders. Slowly bend your elbows until they touch your ears. Keep your arms straight and hold this position for about 30-60 seconds. Do this exercise 6 times.
- Back stretches are a great way for you to loosen up your back muscles. Lie down on your stomach and slowly roll over onto your back. Stretch your arms towards the sky and hold this position for 30 seconds. Do this 4 times.
- Leg stretches are a great way in which you can loosen up your legs. Stand up straight and lift your right leg off the floor. Do this exercise 4 times.
- Arm stretches are a great way by which you can loosen up the muscles in your arms. Stand up straight and reach your arms up towards the sky. Hold this position for 60 seconds and repeat this exercise 4 times.
You can try these home remedies too:
- Breast lift cream is a natural remedy for sagging breasts. You can use breast lift cream if you have sagging breasts. Sagging breasts happen due to loose skin and fat cells. These cause the breasts to sag down. To get rid of these problems, you need to apply breast lift creams regularly.
- Coconut oil is a good option for treating sagging breasts. Apply coconut oil directly onto the affected area. Massage the area well. Repeat this procedure twice a week until you notice the results.
- Aloe vera is a great natural remedy for sagging boobs. Take some aloe vera gel and massage it over the affected area. Do not leave it overnight. Wash it off after two hours. Repeat this procedure once a week.
- Apple cider vinegar is a great solution for sagging breasts. Use a mixture as a body scrub. Rinse it off after using it.
- Green tea helps in reducing sagging breasts. Drink green tea daily.
- Olive oil is another effective treatment for sagging breasts. Rub olive oil on the affected area.
- Shea butter is another effective treatment for reducing sagging breasts. Put shea butter on the affected area. Make sure you do not put any lotion on top of it.
If your breasts continue to sag despite losing the excess weight, a surgical procedure you can go for. Breast lift surgery involves removing extra skin and fat, while the implantation of prosthetic implants will fill out your breasts again. A surgeon would remove excess skin and fat from your breasts to give you a fuller look and feel. However, you may need additional surgeries on top to achieve the desired result. Before undergoing the surgery, make sure you are fully prepared mentally and physically. Stay fit! Stay Healthy!