Burning Underarm Fat Without Exercise – Possible or Not?
Are you struggling to keep your upper body in shape even after diet and exercise? You may be one of the many who have difficulty getting rid of Armpit Fat. Also known as axillary fat, it is located around your armpits and can increase quickly if left unmanaged. In this article, we will discuss what Armpit Fat is, its causes, and ways to reduce it effectively.
What Is Armpit Fat?
Armpit fat refers to the accumulation of fat deposits that lie close to your armpits. It has a likeness in men and women but women tend to experience it more due to their hormones. This type of localized fat is not aesthetically pleasing and more difficult to get rid of through diet and exercise.
Why Do We Get Armpit Fat?
When we consume too many calories than our bodies need for energy, excess energy is stored as body fat. This accumulation of fat can take place all over our bodies but it typically starts with our midsection first before spreading outwards or gathering in certain areas like under our arms or around our neck and chin area. In addition to dieting habits, hormone levels can affect how body fat stores are distributed throughout the body.
Does Armpit Fat Go Away Easily?
Unfortunately for most people, armpit fat does not go away easily like other types of body fat do when following healthy eating plans or exercising regularly. Because this type of fat deposition is due to genetics and hormone levels, it’s more stubborn than other forms of fat that are easier to reduce through lifestyle changes alone. That said, proper diet and resistance training exercises focusing on toning specific muscle groups will greatly help reduce overall subcutaneous body fat present around your armpits.
Causes Of Armpit Fat
- A Poor Diet: Eating unhealthy foods such as processed snacks or meals high in sugar or unhealthy fats can contribute to higher levels of stored fat in all areas of the body including the armpits.
- Inadequate Exercise: Having too little physical activity can add on additional weight unnecessarily over time; however regular workouts including cardiovascular exercises such as running or biking as well as strength training help maintain optimal body weight.
- High Alcohol Consumption: Consuming large amounts of alcohol can affect metabolism negatively and lead to an increase in fatty tissue build-up around the midsection as well as the armpit area – eventually leading to visible surface unsightly results.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormone fluctuations caused by pregnancy, menopause, etc can influence storage levels of subcutaneous deposits in particular areas (armpits)much faster than usual due to age-related slowing down the metabolism making it far harder for those who get rid of abdominal layers around troubled spots.
Ways To Reduce Armpit Fat
Fortunately, there are several methods that anyone looking for relief from pesky armpit fats is able options :
- Diet & Lifestyle Changes: As discussed above, poor diet and inadequate exercise play a major role when it comes to accumulating more fat below the arms than desired therefore changing those habits is essential when trying to regulate local bulging deposits.
- Caffeine Products: Using certain products which contain caffeine normalizes blood circulation, under the skin reduces swelling enhances break up subcutaneous layer trigger burning off lipids in lower locations initial noticeable visual results.
- Cool Sculpting: A rather costly yet effective means of eliminating stump fats cooling technology device deployed directly in the affected area is generally noticed to reduce up to inches of thickness level within 24 hours albeit sometimes requires following treatments to maximize benefit without any significant downtime.
5 Best Exercises To Decrease Armpit Fat
- Reverse Fly: This exercise is very effective for toning your arms and reducing fat from your armpits. Stand straight and hold free weights in each hand. With palms facing down. Now lift them up on either side until they reach shoulder level. And keep both arms straight. Return back to the starting position. Do 15-20 repetitions for 3 sets every day for noticeable results.
- Pushups: Pushups are one of the most common exercises which help firm up the muscles around your armpit area. It also sheds the accumulated fat from it over time. Lie on the floor face down keeping your hands shoulder-width apart. Then slowly push yourself up using all of your body weight until your arms become fully extended. But avoid locking them at elbow joints while going up or coming down. Do as many as you can manage to do every day for results within just a few weeks.
- Tricep Presses: This exercise mostly works on the triceps snuggled near the armpit area focusing on developing its strength. While reducing unwanted fat simultaneously started with holding dumbbells in each hand. Then bend slightly over in a forward direction so that the upper body assumes a slightly inclined angle. Followed by raising both hands overhead till it reaches near ears. Then return back to fingertips pointing towards shoulders completing 3 sets of 15-20 reps every single day.
- Bent Over High Pulls: Similar to the reverse fly exercise, stand with feet shoulder-width apart and hold two dumbbells. Then bend your knees slightly. Following this, bend the torso forward so that it assumes an angled position. Now pull two dumbbells towards the chest keeping elbows high and mid-spine engaged throughout the entire movement. Repeat this activity 15-20 times at least thrice every week coupled with other activities.
- Arm Circles: Stand straight with feet hip-width apart. Take two dumbbells into each hand and start moving upper limbs in opposite directions of circular motion. Then stretch out circular motion as much as possible. When performing this exercise first move clockwise fifteen times followed by an anti-clockwise rotation. Perform three sets consecutively every day. It will not only improve arm muscle tone but also melt several inches off the armpit area.
The Best Diet Plan For Reducing Your Armpit Fat
- Eat Healthy Fats: Healthy fats such as olive oil, avocados, and seeds are great for reducing armpit fat because they provide essential fatty acids that help aid with digestion and weight loss. They also give us energy so we don’t feel sluggish or overwhelmed with our diet plan.
- Include Lean Proteins: Proteins are an important part of any balanced diet, but it’s particularly important to include when looking to trim down your armpit fat. Protein is filling and helps keep us feeling full for longer periods of time, therefore, decreasing our overall calorie intake.
- Reduce Consumption Of Refined Carbohydrates: Refined carbohydrates have been stripped of much of their nutritional value during the processing phase which leaves very little else than high amounts of starch and sugar molecules behind. Reduce refined carbohydrate intakes such as white bread, pasta, and cakes if wanting to reduce Armpit Fat.
- Increase High Fibre Foods: Fiber-rich foods require more chewing time than other foods enabling us a better sense of satisfaction during meals due its the delayed gastric emptying process this helps prevent snacking between meals resulting in reducing fatty tissue from problem areas like the armpits allowing us to burn excess body weight other activities like exercise or daily chores can trigger even further reduction in unwanted armpit or bodyFat. Some fibers rich food include: Apples, oranges, Oatmeal whole sandwiches, etc
- Regular Exercise with Resistance Training: Resistance training is useful for promptly targeting muscle growth; resistance exercises done with dumbbells calibrate particular muscle targets aiding them to break apart stubborn fatty cells accumulated near the armpits.
- Get Enough Sleep: Adequate sleep helps balance hormone levels associated with weight gain including Leptin & Ghrelin promoting healthy meal choices and building up the right amount of metabolism supporting quick calorie burns and helping tone the armpits naturally! This means getting a good 6-8 hours of sleep per night!