Control Blood Sugar Level Naturally for Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes: A brief control blood sugar level
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes and are wondering what to do next! Consider reading the 6 best tips to control blood sugar levels naturally below.
According to Mayoclinic, “Type 2 diabetes is a disease that affects the body functioning and regulation of using glucose commonly called sugar as a fuel. It is basically the result of having too much glucose in the blood present in our body. Blood sugar level control is as important as breathing as it damages the immune system, nervous system as well as the circulatory system. In this condition, your pancreas stops producing enough insulin, which is an important hormone that regulates sugar movements in body cells. This eventually results in the body cells reverting efficiently and consuming less amount of sugar. This gives us an idea of how important the role insulin plays in controlling blood sugar.
Now you must be wondering what are the various ways one can ace blood sugar level control. Well as of now there has not been any cure to type 2 diabetes reported yet. But there are various ways to lower blood sugar naturally. These natural ways include losing excess weight, eating a balanced diet, and being active by doing some exercises regularly. Along with these you might need medical treatments or various insulin therapy that can help you in your blood sugar control. As you read along in the article, you will find the various tips to maintain blood sugar levels in depth below.
With regard to blood sugar control, a diabetic patient must be aware of the normal blood sugar level chart and should consider it to get healthy. According to checkups by single care, blood sugar levels are of three types normal, high and low. These all factors depend upon the amount of sugar present in the body’s bloodstream. One should check their normal blood sugar level when they fast and also after they eat.
The above-normal blood sugar level chart for adults depicts that for an adult that doesn’t have diabetes, their normal blood sugar level without eating should be less than 100mg/dL, while after eating the normal blood sugar level should be less than 140 mg/dL, it should be around 90 to 110 mg/dL. With the help of a blood sugar chart, one can measure their blood sugar levels and be aware of their disorder.
People with diabetes will have different blood sugar levels as compared to those ones without the disease. High blood sugar levels can be diabetes.
High blood sugar (Control blood sugar level)
Hyperglycemia, or high blood sugar, is a serious medical condition that can occur when the body doesn’t have enough insulin or can’t use it correctly. There are many possible causes of hyperglycemia, including type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, stress, illness, or the dawn phenomenon. If you have hyperglycemia or think you may have it, talking to a healthcare provider is always a good idea. A doctor can help you determine what’s causing your high blood sugar level and how to best treat it.
Also Read: How to Spot and Treat Hypoglycemia
Factors leading to high blood sugar level
- Stress can be an important lead to a rise in the blood sugar level
- Excessive eating
- Frequent illness
Low blood sugar
If you have diabetes, you know that managing blood sugar levels is important to your health. But did you know that low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, can also be a problem? Hypoglycemia usually happens when the level of glucose drops too low.
Factors leading to low blood sugar level
- Certain medications
- endocrine disorders
- eating disorders
- pregnancy (gestational diabetes)
- liver, kidneys, or heart disorders
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to check your blood sugar levels and take steps to raise them. If left untreated, low blood sugar can lead to serious health problems. This shows us the importance of blood sugar control.
Importance of blood sugar control
How can we achieve it?
Once you have been diagnosed with diabetes, your treatment plan would include blood sugar control with the help of an insulin pump, pens, or insulin injections. Research says that people are favouring the use of insulin pumps and are ditching the previous ways like insulin pens and injections. Various big brands in the market are manufacturing insulin pumps. You can try the Insul by Agva insulin pump which is affordable and handy enough that it makes the daily life of a diabetic patient easy.
Coming back to the various ways Lifestyle plays an important role in treating high blood sugar. you can easily avoid using medications or even delay the disorder by eventually ending it. We have mentioned the various tips to control blood sugar levels in depth below naturally in the comfort of your home.
Can you lower blood sugar naturally at home?
After digging into various blogs and articles on the internet we have come to the result that YES, blood sugar levels are controllable. If you have diabetes, it’s important to keep your blood sugar levels under control to prevent complications. But the question arises can the blood sugar be lowered naturally or at home.
6 best tips to control blood sugar levels naturally
1. Losing Weight and Exercising Regularly:
Weight loss and Diabetes go hand in hand. As for many, weight can be a sensitive issue and it is no joke that getting to that ideal weight is easier said than done. but if you are carrying extra weight then losing it would be super beneficial if you also have diabetes. Losing weight becomes a necessity for a diabetic patient. Research has found that post covid 67 per cent of people have lost weight and paid attention to changing their lifestyles. but for many diabetic patients, it can be a huge deal to shed those kilos but fortunately, there are people to help you out with this so no worries!
Let us understand the benefits of losing weight if you have diabetes that can help you control your sugar level naturally
- Losing weight helps you both physically and emotionally.
- If you are overweight you can experience insulin resistance.
- losing even 5% of the weight can help you get rid of diabetes medications completely.
- You can experience having more energy, balanced mood swings, and better sleep.
How to lose weight?
“Exercise” is the term we imagine whenever we think of losing weight. exercising regularly or having any sort of physical activity consists of many health benefits, especially for diabetic patients. Start with having a word with your doctor or healthcare let them know about your decision of exercising so that they can guide you with the dos and don’ts. your doctor may suggest you have medications that can ace the weight loss game for you. ” One such medication is Orlistat.” by diabetes.org.uk. Make sure that you avoid buying medications by yourself, always refer to a doctor and be safe.
Also Read: Weight Loss Tips based on Healthy Diet, Lifestyle changes and an effective Exercise
By Eating a healthy balanced diet:
One of the most important ways in controlling high blood sugar is eating a healthy balanced diet.
Below are the foods to avoid with high blood sugar
- Junk food that is fried or has a high level of saturated and trans fat
- Sugary or baked sweets, candies or ice creams
- Avoid beverages that have added sugar in them.
- Swap your beverages with H2O or consider using a sugar alternative in your tea or coffee.
Get Your Blood Sugar Under Control Today! Try These best foods for diabetes control too naturally.
Also Read: Guide to eat right and prepare your balanced meal
2. Green leafy veggies:
Control blood sugar with spinach and kale, which are important sources of potassium, along with calcium and vitamin A.
- Whole grains are packed with fibre and nutrients, helping to stabilize blood sugar levels. This includes brown rice, whole grain bread, buckwheat, quinoa, millet, bulgur, and rye.
- Fatty fish like salmon and tuna are a healthy addition to any diet. People need certain amounts of healthy fats to keep their bodies functioning and to promote heart and brain health. According to the ADA, a diet rich in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats can help to regulate blood sugar and improve blood lipid levels in people with diabetes.
- Beans may also help people manage their blood sugar levels. Eating beans could help with weight loss and may help regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Examples of beans include kidney beans, pinto, black, and adzuki.
- Walnuts: Nuts, like fish, contain fatty acids that help keep the heart healthy. Like fish, nuts are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health. People with diabetes may be at a higher risk of heart disease or stroke, so it is important to include these fatty acids in their diet.
- Fruits with Vitamin C: Citrus fruits are also a great source of vitamin C, folate, and potassium therefore it is suggested that one should consume citrus fruits as they are foods that lower blood sugar levels naturally. Control blood sugar with Citrus fruits
- Berries: Studies have found that berries are a great source of antioxidants and fibre that can help in preventing oxidative stress that is linked with a lot of health conditions like heart issues and cancers. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries are some foods that lower blood sugar levels instantly.
- Sweet potatoes come under the white potato on the GI scale which makes them the best food to lower the blood sugar level at home. also are an extraordinary supply of fibre, vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. Sweet potatoes can be eaten by boiling, baking or by adding them to the salad.
3. By Staying Hydrated:
When everything fails water comes to the rescue. We all have grown up hearing that drinking a lot of water will save you from getting a lot of diseases. Well, that’s quite true. Most people who are suffering from high blood sugar feel dehydrated most of the time, termed Diabetes Mellitus. In this case, dehydration disturbs the body’s blood sugar level. as H2o is a natural source of detoxification it helps the body to get clean and be hydrated. one must remember that consuming water in good amounts can lower the blood sugar level and control it naturally. H2o has no calories and it also flushes out various toxins from the body. Hence it is recommended to drink at least 8 ounces of water on a daily basis.
4. Managing stress:
Stress is a common health hazard that has carved a lot of people to date. but researchers say that type 2 diabetic patients are more prone to getting stress. There can be many symptoms of stress such as memory issues, concentration issues, anxiety, and a change in appetite. One can easily manage stress by taking these steps like Educating Yourself About Diabetes by seeing a doctor, Getting medications and meal plans to be more organized, or by doing meditation.
5. Getting enough quality sleep:
Never underestimate the power of getting rest. Lack of rest in the body can elevate blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity. Not getting enough sleep raises the level of cortisol hormone which has a great role in blood sugar management. In order to get quality sleep one should:
- Have a sleep pattern
- Say no to caffeine
- Cutting on screen time before bed
- Limiting your frequent naps
- Have a bedtime routine
- Exercise meditation
6. Say No to Alcohol:
Alcohol is as bad as it sounds. Regular consumption of alcohol drops blood sugar levels by affecting the liver’s ability to release glucose. It also ignites sugar spikes which makes the bodywork more and makes sugar at a higher pace. It can also lower the blood sugar level too low. That is why it is recommended to eat something and never consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Quitting alcohol will help you lower your blood sugar level naturally or at least one can limit drinking to occasions only.
The Bottom Line
No wonder there are various ways to control blood sugar levels naturally, most of them can be achieved simply by making some lifestyle changes. There are a number of treatment options available for Type 2 Diabetes that can help you manage your condition and your doctor can help you find the best plan. But you can begin with yourself and that will help you lower your blood sugar naturally.