Dengue Fever: 10 Home Remedies to Prevent and Treat Dengue
An Intro to Dengue fever: It only takes one bite!
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne illness that can cause high fevers and flu-like symptoms. It could also lead to more severe symptoms, sudden drop in blood pressure, and death (dengue hemorrhagic fever).
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne disease that causes hours of pain and stress. For now, the best way to prevent dengue fever is to avoid mosquitoes and reduce the mosquito population.
Dengue fever is spreading to new locations, including a local outbreak in Europe. Millions of people contract the disease each year. Dengue is most common in Southeast Asia and Africa, but it’s been spreading to new areas as well.
The SDMC report says that there have been fewer dengue cases in Delhi in recent years. In 2016, there were 4,431 cases, 2017, there were 4,726 cases. In 2018, there were 2,798 cases. 2019, there were 2,036 cases. In 2020, there were 1,072 cases.
Also Read: Another Outbreak of Dengue in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh?
The Various Causes of Dengue Fever
Dengue fever is spread through mosquito bites. Dengue fever cannot be passed on by being around an infected person. A mosquito will usually become infected with a dengue virus by biting someone that already has the virus. When the mosquito bites someone else, it’ll spread the virus and potentially make them sick too.
Dengue fever provides long-term immunity to a virus type. The more times you get sick, the stronger the risk becomes.
Dengue Fever Symptoms: Heal yourself from Dengue!
Many people who are afflicted with a dengue infection experience no symptoms or signs of the disease. And even when they do manifest, these symptoms can be mistaken for other diseases such as the flu, and normally start around four to ten days after being bitten by an infected mosquito. Dengue fever causes a high fever of 104 F (40 C) or higher.
Headache, muscle aches, joint pain, Nausea, Swollen glands, Rash, and vomiting are all symptoms that can be followed.
Some people have episodes of dengue that don’t last long. More severe cases, called severe dengue, can be very harmful and have life-threatening symptoms.
Severe dengue fever occurs when your blood vessels are damaged and leaky, leading to shock, internal bleeding, organ failure, and even death. Warning signs of severe dengue fever usually begin the first day or two after your fever goes away. These warning signs may include:
- severe tummy pain
- persistent vomiting
- bleeding from your gums or nose
- blood in your urine
- stools or vomit
- bruising under the skin
- difficulty breathing or a feeling of fatigue.
10 Home Remedies to Prevent Dengue Fever Symptoms
Dengue does not require a trip to the hospital. However, if symptoms worsen, you should reach out to a medical expert. Use the below-mentioned home remedies to prevent dengue
- Eating neem-leaves increases the number of white blood cells and platelets, which helps recover from dengue.
- The Papaya leaf contains vitamin C and antioxidants in high amounts. By drinking the juice from the leaves you can also combat dengue fever.
- After dengue, Kiwi fruit can help you recover by supplying the body with minerals and nutrients. Fatigue and weakness are two symptoms of dengue that Kiwi juice can help combat.
- Turmeric contains a compound named curcumin that helps boost immunity. Our ancestors used this before the discovery of curcumin because of its healing effects.
- Tulsi and Black pepper contain antioxidants that can give you defense against free radical damage. When ingested in small amounts, black pepper can help eliminate the dengue virus – Scientific studies have shown that black pepper is as effective as DEET at repelling mosquitoes and offers additional benefits over DEET, such as protection from ticks and jellyfish.
- Protect your skin by wearing protective clothing and light-colored clothes, which can help repel mosquitos.
- You can use deterrents such as electronic vaporizers to protect yourself from mosquitoes. Eclectic vaporizers (usually the most common) kill almost all the mosquitos in a closed room, but some people are allergic to them.
- Giloy juice is a remedy for dengue fever. It helps improve metabolism and immunity, both of which help fight dengue fever effectively. Giloy juice can be consumed by boiling two small stems of the giloy plant in a glass of water, or by adding a few drops of giloy juice to a cup of boiled water and drinking it twice a day.
- A healthy immune system will help prevent and recover from dengue fever. You should eat more immunity-boosting foods such as citrus foods, garlic, almonds, and turmeric.
- Guava juice is high in vitamin C. Adding guava to your diet will help you fight dengue fever. Guava provides many other benefits as well, including its vitamin C content. Drink a cup of guava juice every other day or eat some fresh guava.
Other Recommended Treatments for Dengue Fever
If you feel like you have dengue fever, make sure to rest, drink plenty of fluids and see your doctor. If the fever was high right at first and starts getting lower after 24 hours, it is important to go to a hospital as there may be complications.
The vaccine only works for people who have had a documented history of dengue fever or who have been zero cold. In people who have not had dengue fever in the past (seronegative), there appear to be more side effects, which may increase the risk of severe dengue fever and hospitalization.
Also Read: National Dengue Day 2022: Expert shares health, nutrition tips for patients
When to call a doctor when you have Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever can be fatal and emergency treatment is advised if warning signs are encountered. Call your doctor if you have dengue fever symptoms and have recently traveled to an area with a high incidence of the virus.
1) Which fruit is good for dengue?
If you have dengue, papaya leaves can help you. Crush the leaves and squeeze out the juice, and drink it. This will help increase the number of platelets in your blood.
2) Is dengue curable at home?
Dengue Fever is an acute viral illness caused by the virus from the genus of DENV-2. Some symptoms are high fever, headache, muscle pain, joint weakness, fatigue, and exhaustion. You cannot cure it with home remedies, but you can alleviate the symptoms through them.
3) What kills the dengue virus?
The immune system produces antibodies to fight the dengue virus, and the complement system helps the antibodies and white blood cells remove the virus.
4) What is the fastest way to recover from dengue fever?
There are some things you can drink to help you if you have dengue. Papaya leaf juice is one of them. It is famous for helping people with dengue. Coconut water is also good for you if you have dengue. It will help you not get dehydrated. Herbal tea and neem leaves are also good for dengue fever.
5) Can we drink milk in dengue?
If you have dengue, you need lots of protein to get better quickly. Eggs, chicken, fish, dairy products, and homemade dal (a type of soup) are all foods that will help increase the protein in your body and help you recover the nutrients you have lost.